Friday, November 30, 2012

Revised Summary/Plan/Udate

I am sticking with the research and plan I have since the beginning. I'm going to use the Archival Research method as I said I would, and I'm still focusing on the things that make young people, under the age 18, want to join a gang, such as power, a sense of belonging/identity, etc. I'm also going to look at their backgrounds and environments they grew up in because I think that has a lot to do with them joining a gang. For example, if a kid grew up in a poor, bad neighborhood and have been around gangs, they most likely will be influenced to join one because they've grown in up that type of area and have been in presence with gangs.

The statistics are really helpful, and will definitely help me with my research. They really help me look further into my research and benefit it as well. I have finally found a YouTube video that I will be using, actually two of them. One of them is about real teenagers who talk about someone they know who has been or is in a gang, and why they joined gangs in the first place. Then, I have a YouTube video that is global. It's about gang members from London who talk about all the things they do, and how they feel about the things they have committed. This gives us a really good insight on how gangs function and what they actually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment